Last Sunday I cooked this delicious ribeye with mashed potatoes and the best part was probably the sauce. I served it with a really tasty red wine sauce that almost finished faster than anything else I ever cooked. I always loved a good red wine sauce and this one was based on a nice Chianti wine that enhanced the flavors so much. That sauce together with a nice cut of meat is just amazing. It’s hard to beat that flavor combination.
Recipe: Ribeye with red wine sauce and mashed potatoes
Summary: A delicious and easy to make dinner that always get praise from the guests. Some creamy mashed potatoes, a tasty red wine sauce and a tender ribeye just can’t go wrong.
- Mashed potatoes:
- 8-10 potatoes
- 150 ml milk
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- Red wine sauce:
- 200 ml red wine
- 200 ml meat broth
- 1 shallot
- 2 slices ribeye
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200 Celsius Degrees
- Mashed Potatoes: Peel the potatoes and boil up some water and add a pinch of salt. Boil the potatoes for around 20 minutes. Try poking the potatoes with a fork or knife to check if they’re all tender. Use a potato press to press the potatoes, add milk, butter and finish off with some salt and pepper.
- Vegetables: Peel carrots and slice them. Cut off the bottom of stem on the mushrooms and put all vegetables in an oven pan. Drizzle some olive oil and add some salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Red wine sauce: Chop onions and fry them in butter. Add the red wine and let simmer until 1/4 is left. Add the meat broth and add some pepper and salt if needed. Let the sauce simmer for about 20 minuter.
- Finally, prepare the meat with some salt and pepper and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve and top the meat with some delicious fresh rosemary.
Ready in: 35 minutes
Follow me on Instagram