Homemade Pesto, how delicious does that sound to you? For me it’s the best pesto there is, to go out on the balcony and harvest basil and get this delicious sauce out of it, it’s amazing. You just need a few ingredients, garlic, basil, pine nuts, parmesan and olive oil, and some pepper and salt to taste. Serve with your favourite pasta, I took Farfalle this time as that was what I had at home but I can also recommend Spaghetti which might be my favourite to serve with pesto.
Recipe: Homemade Pesto
Summary: Homemade Pesto, a delicious and easy recipe to make pesto at home. Fast to make and tastes so much better than the ones you buy in the stores.
- 100 g fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 50 gram shredded Parmesan
- Salt and black pepper
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 g softened butter
- Wash the basil and let it it dry on some paper towels.
- Chop the garlic finely.
- Combine basil, finely chopped garlic, olive oil and pine nuts in the bowl for your food processor, if you don’t have one, you can use a mortar or even a handheld mixer as well.
- Add the shredded Parmesan to the bowl and mix with your hands or a fork until evenly spread, lastly, add the room temperatured butter and mix together.
- Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Add a tablespoon of warm pasta water to dilute the pesto when mixing with the pasta.
- Serve with your pasta or store in the fridge until next time!
Ready in: 15 minutes