I’m a huge fan of this vegetarian Portobello Burger with homemade buns. I ordered it a couple of times outside but never tried to make one at home until yesterday and it was a success. At the moment I’m trying to eat more and more vegetarian and this is actually one of my favorite dishes that I always like. I think that a lot of people who tries this will open their eyes to vegetarian food and see that it tastes as good if not actually better than a usual burger I’ve always been a big fan of mushrooms and to be able to have a burger filled with on of my favorite mushrooms, that’s heaven for me!
Recipe: Portobello Burger
Summary: A vegetarian burger that I really love. A nice Portobello Mushroom, some lettuce, tomatoes and cheese in a homemade bun. Can it get better?
- 6 Portobello Mushrooms
- Lettuce, tomatoes and some cheese
- 5-600 ml flour
- 25 g yeast
- 25 g butter
- 250 ml milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- Sesame Seeds
- 6 large potatoes
- Salt & Peppar
- Fry the Portobello Mushrooms in butter for about 5-8 minutes on each side. Season with some Salt & Pepper.
- Crumble the yeast in a bun. Melt the butter in a pot and pour down the milk. Reheat until the mixture reaches around 37 Celsius degrees.
- Add the butter mixture with the yeast and mix until the yeast has dissolved. Pour down the flour and mix for around 10-15 minutes until you get a nice and smooth dough. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and let it rise for around 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough in 6 pieces and shape to balls. Put them on a baking sheet with parchment paper and cover with a kitchen towel. Let them rise for around 25 minutes.
- Brush with a whisked egg and put some sesame seeds on top. Bake for around 10-12 minutes on 225 Celsius degrees.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the potato into fries, put them in some cold water to wash of some starch.
- Put the fries on the baking sheet and drizzle with oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 225 Celsius Degrees. Bake for around 30 minutes or until golden and crisp. Serve and decorate with some fresh parsley.
Ready in: 60 minuter