Who doesn’t love a slow cooked, tasty Italian bolognese served with some delicious bucatini. Personally I’m a huge fan of Italian food and after moving from Sweden to Malta I became a much more frequent visitor of Italy as it’s less than 1 hour flight away. After several visits I came to find that bolognese was one of my favorite Italian dishes. There is so much taste! One of the secrets I learnt from the Italians was to put some whole milk in the bolognese, it makes a huge difference to the taste!
Below you can find my version of a slow cooked Italian bolognese.
Recipe: Italian bolognese
Summary: En slow cooked Italian bolognese filled with tastes of Italy. Serve with your favorite pasta and enjoy a real Italian meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 25 grams butter
- 1/2 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 celery stick
- 400 grams minced beef
- Black pepper & Salt
- 2 dl white wine
- 500 grams pasta
- 500 grams crushed tomatoes
- 2 dl milk
- Fresh basil
- Start with heating a frying pan with butter and olive oil. Fry the onion until it gets a nice golden color. Add the chopped carrots and fry for a few more minutes.
- Pour down the minced beef, a pinch of salt and some pepper. Mix and fry until the minced beef gets some nice color as well.
- Pour down the milk and let it simmer until almost all milk is gone.
- Pour down the wine and let it boil until it’s almost gone as well. Add the tomatoes and basil and let simmer on low heat for around 3 hours. Add some water if you notice that the sauce is getting to thick.
- Cook your pasta according to the instructions on the package. Remove the water and mix the pasta with the bolognese. Add some parmesan cheese and mix.
- Serve and top with some delicious parmesan cheese!
Ready in: 60 minutes