I really love lemon cheesecake, it’s something fresh and summery about it that I really like. Today we woke up to a sunny day with over 25 degrees and of course those summer feelings you get in the end of spring starts to take over. I went to the beach and took my first swim of the year, 18 degrees in the sea so it’s not too cold actually. In the afternoon I baked this really summery and refreshing lime and lemon cheesecake which was really delicious. I will certainly bake it several times this summer!
Recipe: Lime and Lemon Cheesecake
Summary: A summery and refreshing Lime and Lemon Cheesecake that doesn’t need to be baked in the oven. Just refrigerate and enjoy your delicious cheesecake.
- 150 g Digestive
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 5 gelatin sheets
- 275 ml cream
- 280 g cream cheese
- 100 g sugar
- 2 limes
- 2 lemons
- Crush the Digestive biscuits until you only have small crumbs left. A tip is to use a mixer or else a rolling pin and put the biscuits in a plastic bag. Melt the butter and mix with the Digestive crumbs. Pour down into a springform pan, around 18 cm in diameter that you prepared with parchment paper in the bottom. Gently press down the mixture with your hand and put in the fridge for around an hour.
- Put the gelatin sheets in a bowl with cold water for a few minutes. Heat 75 ml cream in a pot until it simmers. Let it cool down a bit and mix down the gelatin sheets until they dissolved.
- Whip the cream until you get a thick and nice cream.
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar in bowl and whisk down the lemon juice, lemon zest and lime zest. Fold down the cream.
- Take out the springform pan from the fridge and pour down the filling.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Decorate with a bit of zest. Serve and enjour a fresh and delicious lime and lemon cheesecake.
Ready in: 60 minutes