I’m a huge fan of pound cakes, I grew up with these cakes and it was one of the first things that I learnt how to bake on my own as a kid. Every time I feel the smell from the oven I get back some childhood memories with me trying to bake after school.
Anyway, this Strawberry Pound Cake might be the perfect pound cake if you’re a fan of strawberries as it’s topped with some delicious and fresh strawberries. The strawberry taste goes so well together with the lemon zest that we put in the sponge. It makes a perfectly balanced and very summery pound cake which I could eat almost every day.
Recipe: Strawberry Pound Cake
Summary: A summery version of the classic pound cake. The lemon and strawberries make a nice combination and delivers a perfectly balanced cake. Serve with a bit of ice cream and enjoy the taste of summer.
- 50 grams butter
- 100 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 200 ml sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 300 ml flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 100 grams strawberries
- Preheat oven to 175 Celsius degrees and butter and flour a springform pan with the diameter of 15 cm.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in a bowl until white and fluff. Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Zest one lemon and pour into the egg mixture.
- Melt butter in a pot. When melted, pour down the milk. Mix with the egg mixture and fold down the flour mixture.
- Pour the mixture in your springform pan and put some sliced strawberries on top. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake. Let cool and serve with some ice cream.
Ready in: 35 minutes