I grew up in the middle of the forest in a house that was surrounded with blueberry bushes. Is there anything better than eating fresh berries straight from the bush? For me it was a dream. I remember myself running out picking bag after bag, they just never finished. With all these blueberries I baked pies, buns, pancakes, ice cream and the list just continues. This Blueberry Cheesecake Pie became one of my favorite pies, the crust is crunchy and the filling is a nice mixture of blueberries and cream cheese. Decorate with some almond flakes and serve the pie warm with some nice vanilla ice cream, I’m sure it will be a success!
Recipe: Blueberry Cheesecake Pie
Summary: A crunchy blueberry cheesecake pie inspired by by the Swedish forests. Quite easy to make and absolutely delicious.
- 300 ml all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 150 gram butter
- 3 tablespoons ice cold water
- 300 g blueberries
- Zest and juice from 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoons potato starch
- 200 g cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 whisked egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons almond flakes
- Start mixing flour with sugar and salt in a large bowl. Slice the butter in thin slices and use your hands to mix it with the flour. Sprinkle the cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time and mix around with a fork until you get a nice pastry dough. Shape to a small ball, put on a plastic film and flatten it a bit with your hand. Cover the dough and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and let it rest for a few minutes. Use a rolling pin and roll it out on a slightly floured surface. The dough should be around 1/2 cm thick. Put the dough on a baking sheet which you prepared with parchment paper.
- Add your blueberries and mix with lemon zest and juice, 3 tablespoons sugar, vanilla sugar and potato starch in a bowl. Let it sit for around 10 minutes.
- Mix the cream cheese with a whisked large egg and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Add the cream cheese filling to the bottom and the blueberries on top of the dough and don’t forget to leave a border of 3-4 cm around the dough so you can fold it later.
- Fold the dough over the filling.
- Whisk the egg and brush the dough. Add some almond flakes and sugar on top of the dough.
- Bake for 35 minuter in 200 Celsius degrees.
Ready in: 35 minutes