The heat is slowly coming to the Maltese islands and I started to cook a bit more summery and lighter dishes such as salads and this summery Pasta with Asparagus and Mushrooms. I topped the pasta with parmesan and pine nuts and the Lemon juice makes it very fresh and light and it’s actually one of my favourite pastas during the warm summer months.
Recipe: Summery Pasta with Asparagus and Mushrooms
Summary: A Summery Pasta with Asparagus and Mushrooms in a lemon sauce and topped with some freshly grated parmesan and pine nuts. Delicious and easy to make!
- 200 g Tagliatelle
- 6 Asparagus stalks with the ends trimmed
- Butter & olive oil
- 200 g mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 25 g Pine nuts
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh Parsley
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Boil a large pot with with water and put some salt. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat a pan with some butter and olive oil and fry the garlic which you finely chopped. Add the Asparagus and cook for around 5 minutes. Slice the mushrooms and add to the pan.
- Pour over the lemon juice, parsley and salt and pepper, stir and let it cook for around 2-3 minutes. Serve the pasta and top with some parmesan and pine nuts.
Ready in: 25 minutes