Scones, who doesn’t love some nice scones with a cup of tea? These Strawberry scones are even better as they’re filled with some delicious fresh strawberries that make the scones even more moist. The best part is that it goes so fast and they can be ready in under 20 minutes. Perfect for those stressed mornings but you still want some luxury with freshly baked bread. This might actually be one of my favorite breakfasts! I added a bit of icing on top which makes it a bit sweeter, even perfect for that afternoon tea or for fika as we say in Sweden.
Recept: Strawberry Scones
Summary: Strawberry scones, so delicious and moist and perfect to start the day with. The best thing about scones is that it goes so fast to bake them!
- 600 ml flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 120 g butter
- 100 ml cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 200 ml sliced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- 2 dl icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Mix flour, salt, sugar, vanilla sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Slice the butter and mix with the flour. Add the sliced strawberries.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and add the cream.
- Pour down and mix the egg mixture with the flour.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and add a bit of flour so the scones doesn’t stick. Shape the mixture into a circle on the baking sheet and slice into 12 pieces. Move them apart so they have space to bake.
- Brush them with some milk before you bake them.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Let them cool and in the meantime you can mix icing sugar and water and drizzle over your scones.
- Serve and enjoy some delicious scones!
Ready in: 20 minutes