Beetroot Risotto with goat cheese, I’ve seen this dish some times earlier but never ate it but the beautiful color always caught my attention so last weekend I gave it a try and it become one delicious lunch out of it. I topped it with some nice fresh radish and some Maltese fresh goat cheese called Ġbejna. So delicious and the color is just wow!
Recipe: Beetroot risotto with goat cheese
Summary: Beetroot risotto with fresh goat cheese from Malta. A delicious and colorful dish that I really love.
- 600 ml vegetable broth
- 250 ml Arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 onion
- 2 beetroots
- Fresh Parsley
- Goat cheese
- Start with peeling your beetroots and bake in the oven on 225 Celsius degrees, drizzle some some olive oil. Bake for around 25-30 minutes.
- Mix the beetroots with a mixer and add a bit of water if the mixture gets too thick.
- Heat the broth in one pot and start chopping onion. Fry the onion in some olive oil and add the white wine. Let it simmer until almost all the wine is gone.
- Add the rice and mix around for 1 minute. Lower the heat and add some broth and the beetroot mixture. Add 100 ml broth at a time, stirring constantly, until liquid has evaporated. Let it boil for around 15-20 minutes. Add some salt, pepper and some fresh parsley.
- Serve with some radish and topped with goat cheese.
Ready in: 40 minutes